TAKING CARE OF SELF
TAKING CARE OF SELF
If you are diagnosed with HIV, it does not mean you should stop living. If you stay healthy and have a good routine which has proper intake of medicines, healthy food and exercises along with right care and cleanliness, you can live as long as an HIV negative person can. By taking care of your lifestyle, habits, safety and healthy means of living, you can enjoy a happy life with great health. However, there are questions in everyone’s life on what to do if you want a healthy life and how to decide what the lifestyle should be. So if you have any such questions, instead of reading articles on the internet or asking your friends who are not the trained professionals you should talk to our HIV counselling doctors in India. They are the right people who can guide you on nutrition, personal hygiene, mental health and exercises.
Here are the important things you must do:
Take the treatment of HIV properly:
Remember, the treatment for HIV is not its cure, but with the help of treatment you can control the HIV and lead a life free from any threat to the immune system. For the information related to medicines and the intake of medicines you must talk to the health care professional who is working in the field.
Taking healthy food:
By taking nutritious and healthy diet can lower the risk. You should take everything in balance. Your diet should contain sugar, fat, protein, salt etc. in appropriate amount.
Make sure to include:
- Fruits and vegetables in your diet
- Take carbohydrates in proper amount through bread, rice, potatoes etc.
- Take lean meat, fish, eggs etc. for proteins
- Include milk, cheese and yoghurt in your diet
- Have a small amount of sugar and salt in your food
Keep yourself fit with exercises and walks:
- Make sure to have an active routine
- Go for walks
- Do exercises
- Keep yourself fit
- Increase your stamina
- Do not to ignore your health and hygiene.
- Take bath regularly
- Wear clean cloths
- Take your food properly.
Our HIV counselling doctors in Delhi can provide you proper help regarding this.
How to manage the health conditions:
- With the increase of HIV, there are many things which can affect you. Some people get these co infections like cardiovascular disease, osteoporosis, lung disease or kidney disease.
- You should improve your lifestyle along with proper medications so that you live a long and healthy life. You should take suggestions from our HIV counselling doctors in Noida regarding this.
- In order to lead a longer life, you will have to change your lifestyle and take care of the symptoms you are having regarding certain diseases.
- The perfect way is to take the help from our medical professionals, who will guide you throughout.
If you don’t take precautions and risk your life, there are chances that you will develop co infections. These co infections can be:
- Tuberculosis (TB) – TB is one of the world wide co infections and it is common among HIV infected people. It can be fatal. The symptoms include, cough, and weight loss and sweats during night.
- Hepatitis Band Hepatitis C- These are two other infections which are common with HIV patients. Both the hepatitis are common with injecting drug users. It is also a serious co infection there is a vaccination available and by using it you can get the treatment.
The immune system of HIV infected person is weak because of the fall of CD4 count. The infections caused by the low immunity of the body of an HIV positive person are known as opportunistic infections. Following are the infections which come under this category:
- cryptococcal meningitis
- PCP, a type of pneumonia
- oesophageal candidiasis
- Certain cancers, including Kaposi’s sarcoma.