When the positive result of HIV test comes, it becomes really hard for the person to decide what to do. They don’t know if they should keep it a secret or share it with someone. Keeping things in mind makes them depressed and they are not able to find what to do on the internet. This is because most of the information on the websites are either half done or written in such a way that it becomes tough for the non-professionals to understand. In such situations, one should talk to our HIV counselling doctors in Delhi.
You should tell about your HIV status to others because:
• You will get proper support and care which is required for your long life.
• You can tell your loved ones that certain things are important for you and they will handle those things for you.
• You will not have to keep your HIV status a secret from them
• They will take care of your health related issues and medicines and whenever you need help they will be there
• You can keep your close friends and loved ones informed about issues that are important to you.
• You don’t have to hide your HIV status.
• The chances of getting HIV from you to others will be reduced.
However, if you tell people about your HIV status, there can be some negative impacts like:
• They will not understand you and your health status
• They can give you odd looks and discriminate you for being HIV positive
• It can ruin your dating status, because people will not like to date a person who has HIV
There are both good as well as bad points related to the disclosure of HIV status. However, it is important to share your thoughts and keep them secret from some people. So, you must be selective about talking about your status with people. You can tell it to your close people and our HIV counselling doctors in India.